DEPUTY CHIEF INVESTMENT OFFICER
- Work and assist CIO to provide clear strategic asset allocation for clients’ portfolios/funds based on the prevailing market condition
- Manage clients’ funds in accordance with agreed investment mandates encompassing funds objectives, stipulated benchmarks, investible asset class, relevant investment regulations and guidelines. Asset type managed for clients includes both equities and fixed income investment portfolios.
- Attend monthly administrative meeting (internal & clients issues) and fund managers’ investment performance review, asset allocation and to ensure performance variance is minimized with its fund benchmarks / similar mandates / other fund managers, etc. and to address clients’ other investments / income targets / administrative needs.
- Work with the CIO to formulate in house view on the economic outlook, interest rates outlook, key sectors to invest and stocks selection.
- Attend weekly meetings with in-house investment team (fund managers & research) to discuss stock selections.
- Attend monthly investment meetings (fund managers & research) to brainstorm / formulate market and economic outlook for the purpose of formulating macro strategies and determine asset allocation and stocks selection list to be considered in clients’ portfolios.
- Attend periodic industry and company visits independently or with analysts to keep abreast with current developments of companies/sector in order to formulate investment strategies and stock selections.
- Reports: Write local and foreign equity/ fixed income and economic reviews / outlook and investment strategies on a periodic basis (weekly, monthly, & quarterly, bi-annual, etc) for internal & external dissemination, i.e. Market Review / Outlook and Strategy for Client Presentation Meeting, Clients’ Quarterly Performance Review Report, etc.
- Prepare materials and present to clients on fund performance, market review, outlook and portfolio strategy on a periodic basis and as requested by clients.
- Create an Investment Monthly Outlook (domestic & foreign) and Strategies for internal discussion.
- Degree in Investment, Business, Economy, Finance, Accounting, CFA/CFP or related fields.
- Passed Module 9 and 10 of SC Licensing examinations.
- Minimum 10 years working experience in fund management.
- Sound knowledge in Equity and Bonds/Sukuk.
- Has experienced in managing portfolio for Institutions/GLCs/Corporates.
- Has exposure in managing regional portfolio mandates.
You may send in your application with a comprehensive resume, copies of certificates and other relevant supporting documents, contact telephone number and a recent passport sized photograph (non-returnable) to:
Head, Group Human Resources,
Malaysian Industrial Development Finance Berhad,
Level 19, Menara MIDF,
82, Jalan Raja Chulan, 50200 Kuala Lumpur.