A cooling-off right refers to the right of the Unit Holder to obtain a refund of his investment in the Funds if he so requests within the cooling-off period. A cooling-off right is only given to an investor, other than those listed below, who is investing in any MIDF Amanah Funds for the first time:
- a corporation or institution;
- a staff of the Manager; and
- persons registered to deal in unit trusts of the Manager.
The cooling-off period shall be for a total of six (6) Business Days commencing from the date the application for Units is received by the Manager. Investors applying for Units through the EPF scheme are subject to the terms and conditions imposed by the EPF.
The refund for every Unit held by the investor pursuant to the exercise of his cooling-off right shall be the sum of:
- the NAV per Unit on the day the Units were first purchased; and
- the sales charge per Unit originally imposed on the day the Units were purchased.
Cooling-off proceeds will only be paid to the investor or to the EPF if investment was made under the EPF scheme, after the Manager receives cleared funds for the original investment.