MIDF Amanah Investment Bank Berhad (“MIDF Investment”) provides a wide range of Islamic investment and advisory services, which include debt capital market (Islamic securities), underwriting of equities, Islamic treasury activities and equity broking services. The Islamic Banking division (“SPI”) is to facilitate the bank’s involvement in the Islamic banking and capital market.
Armed with a team of dynamic and experienced professionals, our Islamic Banking division offers a spectrum of innovative Shariah-compliant products and value-added advisory services to corporations, private companies and individuals, to enable our clients to achieve their financial and corporate goals.
At present, we are able to structure products and services based on various Islamic principles including Mudharabah (Profit Sharing), Musharakah (Joint Venture), Murabahah (Cost Plus Profit Sale), Ijarah (Leasing), Bai’ al-Dayn (Sale of Debt), Bai’ Bithaman Ajil (Deferred Payment Sale) and Tawarruq (Tripartite Sale).
All of our Islamic finance products and services are approved by our Shariah Committee, Shariah Adviser and external Shariah consultant in tandem with the requirements stipulated by Bank Negara Malaysia and the Securities Commission.
Islamic products and services:-
1. Islamic Treasury Unit
Is a section in the Treasury Department of MIDF Investment, which represents the Islamic banking window of MIDF Investment, (also known as “MIDF Amanah Investment Bank Berhad-SPI”).
- Mudharabah Deposits-i
- Mudharabah General Investment Deposit-i (MGID-i)
- Negotiable Debt Certificate-i (NDC-i)
Money Market Instrument
- Malaysian Treasury Bills-i (MTB-i)
- Bank Negara Monetary Notes-i (BNMN-i)
- Mudharabah Inter-Bank Investment (MII)
- Islamic Negotiable Instruments (INI)
- Accepted Bill-i
- BNM Wadiah Acceptance
Capital Market Instrument
- Government Investment Issues-i
- Khazanah Bonds
- Islamic Private Debt Securities (IPDS)
- Sukuk Bank Negara Malaysia Ijarah (SBNMI)
2. Debt Capital Markets
We provide a wide range of Islamic debt financing facilities and programs via Islamic debt securities and bonds. Among the issuance
Successful issuance include
- Tele-Flow Capital Sdn. Bhd. - RM100.0 million Murabahah Notes Issuance Facility /Islamic Medium Term Notes Facility
- Cellular Structures Sdn. Bhd. - RM 192.0 million Murabahah Notes Issuance Facility /Islamic Medium Term Notes Facility
- FEC Cables (M) Sdn. Bhd. - RM130.0 million Islamic Medium Term Notes & RM20.0 million Murabahah Notes Issuance Facility
- EP Manufacturing Berhad - RM120.0 million Murabahah Notes Issuance Facility /Islamic Medium Term Notes Facility
- Minetech Resources Berhad - RM100.0 million Murabahah Notes Issuance Facility /Islamic Medium Term Notes Facility
- Sabah Ports Sdn. Bhd. - RM80.0 million Bithamin Ajil Issuance Debt Securities & RM70.0 million Murabahah Notes Issuance Facility /Islamic Medium
- Dynamic Communication Link Sdn. Bhd. - RM100.0 milliom Istisna’ Medium Term Notes programme
- Chemical Company of Malaysia Berhad - RM250.0 million Murabahah Commercial Paper Programme & RM500.0 million Murabahah MTN
- Serrisa Sinar Berhad - RM200.0 million Islamic Commercial Paper/Islamic Medium Term Notes & RM20.0 million Junior Islamic Medium Term Notes
Term Notes Facility
3. Corporate Investment Banking
Corporate Investment Banking (CIB) department’s primary role is to deliver value-added advisory and structuring solutions to companies, institutions and government agencies, in areas such as mergers and acquisitions, restructuring as well as fund-raising strategies in the debt and equity capital markets. The CIB team will primarily be involved in identifying and originating deals, maintaining client relationship and assisting in the execution process of the mandated deals.
We also provide Shariah Advisory services through our appointed Shariah Adviser in areas involving Shariah-compliant activities including fund raising strategies for Shariah-based companies, Islamic debt planning and Sukuk structuring. As a trusted advisor, we will work closely with our corporate finance team in ensuring the transactions are executed smoothly and successfully.