MIDF Green Conference 2022 – “Beyond The Blah, Blah, Blah”.
More than 500 participants from corporates, Government related agencies, non-profits and media attended MIDF's Green Conference 2022 on Wednesday, 9 March 2022. The virtual, half-day conference featured distinguished speakers and panellists including YB Dato' Sri Mustapa Mohamed, Minister in the Prime Minister's Department (Economy), who delivered the keynote address.
In his keynote address, YB Dato' Sri Mustapa Mohamed shared the Government's aspirations and endeavors towards encouraging corporate Malaysia to be leaders in the green movement as well as his thoughts and insights on ESG and towards stimulating a greener economy and society.
Group Managing Director of MIDF, Dato' Charon Mokhzani delivered the opening address and introduced YB Dato' Sri Mustapa Mohamed whilst Chairman of MIDF, Tan Sri Abdul Rahman Mamat summarised the discussions throughout the morning during his closing address, thanking all parties involved in the success of the conference.
The conference brought together an impressive line-up of panelists, made up of issuers, investors, regulators, rating agencies as well as stakeholders who spoke in 3 sessions respectively, discussing topics including the approaches of investing in ESG compliant companies and whether being ESG compliant helps with raising capital, the idealism of green energy and its implementation challenges versus the practicality of brown as we pursue a meaningful energy transition and what the future holds for the sustainability agenda.
Panel Session 1 - Does Being ESG Compliant Help with Raising Capital?
- L-R: Andrew Chan (M), SE Asia Sustainability & Climate Change Leader at PwC
- Hazman Hilmi Sallahuddin, CIO of KWAP
- L-R: Muazzam Mohamad, Head of Investment Stewardship Division, PNB
- Datuk Beroz Nikmal Mirdin, Executive Chairman of Jentayu Sustainables Bhd
Panel Session 2 - Idealism of Green vs. Practicality of Brown
- L-R: Datuk Dominic Silva (M), CEO of MIDF Amanah Investment Bank
- Siti Safinah Salleh, CEO of MyPOWER Corporation
- L-R: Lim Beng Guan, Director of reNIKOLA Sdn. Bhd
- Promod Dass, Deputy CEO of RAM Holdings Berhad and CEO of RAM Sustainability Sdn Bhd
Panel Session 3 - What Does the Future Hold?
- L-R: Arina Kok (M). Partner, Climate Change and Sustainability at EY
- Dr. Wei-nee Chen, VP of New Energy Ventures at Hibiscus Petroleum Berhad
- L-R: Abdul Razak Abdul Aziz, Chief Seeder at SEEDS Malaysia
- Ar. Sarly Adre Sarkum, architect futurist, sustainability proponent and design activist