The personal data, according to the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“the Act"), refers to any information concerning commercial transactions stored or recorded and which can be managed automatically or as a file system. It has a very wide scope covering sensitive and personal information including but not limited to name, address, MyKad number, passport number, photographs, details on bank accounts, credit cards and telecommunication links such as telephone or any other information stipulated by the Act.
Personal Data Processed by MIDF Group
- Name, MyKad number, passport number, contact details including office/home/mobile numbers, designation, qualifications, photographs and images on CCTV, financial data and other information relevant to the individual customer/client/investor’s transaction with MIDF Group.
MIDF Group processes personal data only for specific and limited purposes which include but are not limited to the following:
- to communicate with the customer/client/investor;
- to inform about products and services;
- to respond to queries;
- to send requested legal information and promotional material;
- for marketing purposes and market research;
- to meet legal, statutory and regulatory requirements;
- to protect the interests of MIDF Group and other ancillary or related purposes.
All personal information held by MIDF Group are kept confidential but we may disclose your personal data to the parties mentioned below to provide you with effective and continuous products and services and to comply with all applicable laws, regulations and industry standards including obtaining your consent when it is required to do so:
- entities within MIDF Group;
- firms and/or companies and/or institutions that we have entered into contractual agreements for some of our functions, services and activities;
- any parties permitted in writing by you;
- credit reference agencies;
- any parties from enforcement governmental and regulatory agencies as permitted and required by law from time to time.
MIDF Group ensures that all personal information processed by us is handled with strictest security and confidentiality as required by the applicable laws and regulations.
The personal information processed will be retained for such period that may be deemed necessary to protect the interests of MIDF Group and/or its customer/client/investor or as required by the relevant laws and/or regulations and/or policies and/or procedures.
Failure to Provide your Personal Data (if required by MIDF)
Should you choose not to provide us with your personal data when it is required to do so, we will be unable to process your application or request for our products or services.
MIDF Group, in accordance with the Act, may:
- charge a prescribed fee for processing the request for access or correction; or
- refuse to comply with the request for access or correction to personal data and if we refuse to comply with such request, we will inform the customer/client/investor of our refusal and the reason for our refusal.
MIDF Group also receives any queries or complaints regarding the use of personal information and the customer/client/investor may do so by writing to the above address.
- Any reference to “MIDF Group” shall mean Malaysian Industrial Development Finance Berhad and all its subsidiary companies.
- In the event of any inconsistency between the English version and the Bahasa Malaysia version of this notice, the English version shall prevail over the Bahasa Malaysia version.
Access, Correction and Complaints.
If you do not wish to have your information shared with any other party, or if you do not wish to be solicited for products or services offered by MIDF Group or any other parties including third parties whether directly or indirectly through MIDF Group, or you want access to or make a correction to your personal data, kindly inform us in writing through: